Truck drivers earn up to $55,000 per year* and get home daily in this Local Intermodal CDL driver position. Intermodal truck drivers haul 90% no-touch freight and travel within 200 miles of Chicago, IL. A truck driver\'s day begins and ends at the railroad yard ramps.
Truck Driver Pay & Benefits
Full-time CDL drivers are eligible for:
• Up to $55,000 per year*
• $2,500 sign-on bonus
• Up to $6,000 tuition reimbursement available to recent truck driving school graduates
• Performance bonuses and rewards program
• Daily home time
• Paid orientation and training
• Paid miles based on PC Miler
• Online truck driver pay statements
• Medical, dental and vision insurance plus flexible spending options
• 401(k) savings plan with company match
• Paid vacation time
• 75% drop-and-hook freight
• Access to company facilities with free and safe parking for truck drivers
• On-site leadership, dispatch and maintenance
• Schneider Smart Savings Discount program with partner companies such as GM, Chrysler, Whirlpool, LeHigh Safety Shoe and many more
• EFS cards for fuel purchase reimbursement and payroll management
• Unlimited CDL driver referral bonuses
• Military Apprenticeship Program - U.S. military veterans, Guard members and Reservists may be eligible to earn an additional educational benefit check from the VA (up to $1,236 per month)
*Based on CDL driver experience
Truck Driver Qualifications
• Valid Class A CDL drivers license
• Minimum 3 months of recent Class A truck driving experience
• Live within 50 miles of Sturtevant, Wisconsin
• Hazmat endorsement required after time of hire as a CDL driver
More Reasons Truck Drivers Choose Schneider Intermodal:
Reason #70: New Container Tracking Technology
Schneider\'s Intermodal containers are equipped with Qualcomm\'s Trailer Track 210. This technology provides real-time information regarding the location and load status of our driver\'s containers. Within a matter of minutes, information is transmitted from the container to the cab, enhancing driver productivity.
Reason #68: Small Company Feel, Large Company Benefits
Our CDL drivers enjoy a small company feel and team atmosphere that\'s built on a foundation of safety and respect. In fact, the average tenure of our Intermodal truck drivers is 8+ years. Company truck driver uniforms are provided and leadership is easily accessible and ready to support your career goals.
Reason #44: Intermodal Training Academies strategically located in Chicago
Schneider provides newly hired Intermodal truck drivers a paid four-day specialized training program in Chicago, IL. Drivers earn $400 and are given a private hotel room during their stay. CDL drivers gain classroom learning, a rail yard tour and in-truck training in real driving environments. Hands-on experience is provided to each truck driver to become a successful and safe Intermodal driver.
Get in the driver\'s seat at Schneider - APPLY TODAY!
Job Company Driver
Sign On Bonus Yes 2500